Skip to Main Content

Referrals for Legal Advice

Contact information for organizations that provide legal referrals

We can't give legal advice, but . . .

The USD Legal Research Center Reference Department provides reference assistance but cannot provide legal advice to patrons. Reference assistance includes helping patrons locate materials in the LRC, explanation of how legal materials are organized, and suggesting sources for further research. The Reference Department cannot interpret the meaning of a case or statute, counsel on the selection of legal forms, or otherwise give legal advice in any manner. If you think you need assistance beyond that which the Reference Department is able to provide, you should contact an attorney. The following attorney referral services may be contacted to obtain references to lawyers who specialize in your area of need.